Re: [wtp-dev] WTP 3.2 Release moved to June

In a mail to,  xerces-j users list just a day or two back, Michael
Glavassevich (Xerces-J project lead) wrote:

The next release is 2.10.0. It's been in the queue for awhile and would
like to see it come out some time before the end of the year.

It seems, Xerces-J would be releasing a new version at the end of this
year. As Dave wrote, in the new Xerces-J version, we would need PsychoPath
XPath 2.0 engine, for XML Schema 1.1 support.

I think, it would be nice, if we can have official PsychoPath release by
end of this year. I believe, that shall be beneficial for Xerces-J, and
also for projects, using Xerces-J.

             David Carver
             dard.org>                                                  To
             Sent by:                  "General discussion of project-wide
             wtp-dev-bounces@e         or architectural issues."
             clipse.org                <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             08/13/2009 05:24                                      Subject
             AM                        Re: [wtp-dev] WTP 3.2 Release moved
                                       to June
             Please respond to
               discussion of
              project-wide or

I might have a request for one of the wst.xsl components that an adopter
was hoping to have released in the December time frame.

The PsychoPath XPath 2.0 processor which is currently a part of the
wst.xsl code is planned to be used by Xerces-J's XML Schema 1.1 support.
We've been working pretty hard to get the processor to pass the W3C Test
Suite and are pretty close. I know that XSL isn't it's own project, but
what would be the process to possibly release just the XPath 2.0
Processor as a standalone jar in December?

I'm waiting to hear back from the Xerces-J developers on this, to find
out what their time frame for release is. If it's next year, than this
may be a moot point. Just bringing it up since I'm not going to be able
to make tomorrows call.