Re: [wtp-dev] WTP 3.2 Release moved to June

In a mail to,  xerces-j users list just a day or two back, Michael
Glavassevich (Xerces-J project lead) wrote:

<quote>
The next release is 2.10.0. It's been in the queue for awhile and would
like to see it come out some time before the end of the year.
</quote>

It seems, Xerces-J would be releasing a new version at the end of this
year. As Dave wrote, in the new Xerces-J version, we would need PsychoPath
XPath 2.0 engine, for XML Schema 1.1 support.

I think, it would be nice, if we can have official PsychoPath release by
end of this year. I believe, that shall be beneficial for Xerces-J, and
also for projects, using Xerces-J.

Regards,
Mukul

             David Carver
             <dcarver@starstan
             dard.org>                                                  To
             Sent by:                  "General discussion of project-wide
             wtp-dev-bounces@e         or architectural issues."
             clipse.org                <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             08/13/2009 05:24                                      Subject
             AM                        Re: [wtp-dev] WTP 3.2 Release moved
                                       to June

             Please respond to
                 "General
               discussion of
              project-wide or
               architectural
                 issues."
             <wtp-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

I might have a request for one of the wst.xsl components that an adopter
was hoping to have released in the December time frame.

The PsychoPath XPath 2.0 processor which is currently a part of the
wst.xsl code is planned to be used by Xerces-J's XML Schema 1.1 support.
We've been working pretty hard to get the processor to pass the W3C Test
Suite and are pretty close. I know that XSL isn't it's own project, but
what would be the process to possibly release just the XPath 2.0
Processor as a standalone jar in December?

I'm waiting to hear back from the Xerces-J developers on this, to find
out what their time frame for release is. If it's next year, than this
may be a moot point. Just bringing it up since I'm not going to be able
to make tomorrows call.

Dave

Back to the top