Re: [wtp-dev] extending the WSDL editor

Hi Aaron,

What you have observed is correct:
1. The properties view is extensible; and
2. The WSDL editor doesn't have its own extension point to contribute commands to the outline view.

However, you can try to play with the popup menu on the editor's canvas. The elements on the canvas can be recognized as org.eclipse.wst.wsdl.ui.internal.adapters.WSDLBaseAdapter. But please note that this is an internal class that could potentially change.

You can take a look at the "org.eclipse.ui.popupMenus" extension point or the more flexible command framework at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Menu_Contributions

Please let us know if you need more information.

Regards,

Raymond Lai
Rational XML Web Services Tools
IBM Toronto Lab,  Tel: 905-413-2553,  Tieline: 969-2553

Inactive hide details for Aaron Humphrey ---07/22/2009 12:51:28 PM---I apologize ahead of time if this question has already beeAaron Humphrey ---07/22/2009 12:51:28 PM---I apologize ahead of time if this question has already been answered but

Aaron Humphrey <humphrey@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/22/2009 12:51 PM

[wtp-dev] extending the WSDL editor

I apologize ahead of time if this question has already been answered but
I couldn't find an answer in the mailing list archives. I want to extend
the WSDL editor to work with BPEL specific extensions. Right now it's
seems that only extensible portion of the WSDL editor in this regard is
the extensions portion of the properties view. Is further extensibility
possible like extending the outline view and adding my own commands. Any
information would be greatly appreciated.

thanks