[wtp-dev] Another WTP Question

Hi, I've noticed that whenever I deploy a single module or multiple modules from the WTP "Add and Remove" wizard and I get a deployment exception from the server, it still shows up in the Server view as if it deployed successfully, which is very confusing to our end-users. I assume we're doing something incorrect in our BehaviorDelegate but it's not obvious to me. When I debug this code in Server.publishImpl() below, I see that our BehaviorDelegate CoreException is caught. I also see our module contained within modules2 below so I expect that it'll get deleted (or at least not added) but instead it gets saved in the .metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.server.core\publish0.dat file even though it doesn't really exist in the server. Can someone help explain what else I need to do in our BehaviorDelegate when throwing our CoreException ?? Or is this a bug or expected behavior ?? Thanks much.....

            try {
getBehaviourDelegate(monitor).publish(kind, modules4, monitor, info);
            } catch (CoreException ce) {
                Trace.trace(Trace.WARNING, "Error during publishing", ce);
                status = ce.getStatus();
            }

            final List<IModule[]> modules2 = new ArrayList<IModule[]>();
            visit(new IModuleVisitor() {
                public boolean visit(IModule[] module) {
                    if (getModulePublishState(module) == IServer.PUBLISH_STATE_NONE)
                        getServerPublishInfo().fill(module);

                    modules2.add(module);
                    return true;
                }
            }, monitor);

getServerPublishInfo().removeDeletedModulePublishInfo(Server.this, modules2);
            getServerPublishInfo().clearCache();
            getServerPublishInfo().save();

Tim McConnell

Back to the top