Re: [wtp-dev] Adding Content Assist for external Javascript library

Hi Julian,

Glad I was able to help.

Please open bugzillas for any content assist problems you come across. Be as specific as possible with the steps you took and include sample code. Those content assist problems can be tricky to reproduce and debug.

Thanks,
Chris

Inactive hide details for Julián Suárez <juliansuarezlopera@xxxxxxxxx>Julián Suárez <juliansuarezlopera@xxxxxxxxx>

          Julián Suárez <juliansuarezlopera@xxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          07/23/2009 05:05 AM

          Please respond to
          "General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

Re: [wtp-dev] Adding Content Assist for external _javascript_ library

Hi Chris!!!!

finally I've managed to get it working!!!!!! thanks to you!

I checked my initializer it seemed ok, but there was an error, a typo I must admit, that strangely remained after three times I built my plugin from scratch. The thing was that the name of my class in the plugin.xml was different from the name of the initializer class, so it was never called.

Thanks again!!!!!

Now I'm struggling with some inconsistencies of the content assist, that not only affect my library but also the Mozilla, and IE _javascript_ libraries...sometimes the classes appear twice when you do Ctrl+Space, sometimes you don't get suggestions at all, and I'm seeing a lot of exceptions like this one:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.internal.ui.text.java.ParameterGuesser$VariableCollector.collect(ParameterGuesser.java:270)

No matter what _javascript_ library I'm using...

But I think that's another subject and my main problem is now resolved!

thanks

julian