Re: [wtp-dev] Adding Content Assist for external Javascript library

Hi Julian,

It looks like you've done all the necessary steps. Sounds like you're almost there. My guess is the .jsdtscope file is not being updated correctly. I would make sure that that file is set up as expected. Then put a breakpoint in your initializer and make sure it is resolving your library entry to the correct path. Where are you storing your actual library file? Is it being put into the metadata folder or are you putting it directly in your project?

If you expand your library node in the _javascript_ resources do you see your fields, functions, and types defined?

If you want to do some simple tests of just your library itself you could just put it inside a folder in your project and set that folder to be a library folder using the _javascript_ project properties page.

Chris

Inactive hide details for Julián Suárez <juliansuarezlopera@xxxxxxxxx>Julián Suárez <juliansuarezlopera@xxxxxxxxx>

          Julián Suárez <juliansuarezlopera@xxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          07/14/2009 10:04 AM

          Please respond to
          "General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

Re: [wtp-dev] Adding Content Assist for external _javascript_ library

Hi! I've managed to  create a valid js file with jsdoc comments.

I've created a plugin with a plugin.xml similar to this one:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?eclipse version="3.5"?>
<plugin>
<!-- JSDT wizard extension -->
    <extension point="org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.ui.JsGlobalScopeContainerPage">
        <JsGlobalScopeContainerPage
            name="MyLib Library"
            class="org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.internal.ui.wizards.buildpaths.MyLibSupportWizardPage"
            id="org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.support.MyLib">
      </JsGlobalScopeContainerPage>
   </extension>
    <!-- JSDT Global Scope Handler -->
    <extension
    point="org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.core.JsGlobalScopeContainerInitializer">
        <JsGlobalScopeContainerInitializer
        class="org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.core.compiler.libraries.MyLibLibInitializer"
        id="org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.launching.MyLibLibrary">
        </JsGlobalScopeContainerInitializer>
    </extension>

   <extension point="org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.ui.JsGlobalScopeUIInitializer">
     <JsGlobalScopeUIInitializer
        id="org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.launching.MyLibLibrary"
        class="org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.core.compiler.libraries.MyLibUiInitializer">
     </JsGlobalScopeUIInitializer>
   </extension>
</plugin>

I looked at the source code of the org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.support.firefox plugin directly from the cvs tree and I have implemented all the clases I need.....(actually I don't know if a need all that stuff).

Then I installed the plugin I can right-click on a Web Project the Properties->_javascript_->Libraries , then I click on Add _javascript_ Library.....then I can see my library there I click next and then finish to add it.....so far so good.

After that I can see My library inside the _javascript_ references in my project, BUT it says org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.launching.MyLib(unknown), and then, if I go agin to the properties of my project under the _javascript_->Libraries menu I see a worning on top of the window that says "Build path entry is missing: org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.launching.MyLib"

Chris do you know what I'm missing? I haven't been able to figure it out just yet!!

If anybody has an idea I'll be happy to try it....

thanks

julian

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 7:17 PM, Christopher Jaun <cmjaun@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote: _______________________________________________
wtp-dev mailing list