Re: [wtp-dev] Content assist behaving oddly for JSPs

JustJoc wrote:
Is there anywhere else in particular I should look for logs relevant to this
area of eclipse?

No, that's the right place. Without knowing more about the specifics, I couldn't tell you why JSP content assist isn't working. I can say that the embedded Java content assist won't work unless you have the Servlet API on the Java Build Path somehow, and it can be quirky in cases where no Java Source Folder is set on the project (there's a bug reported for that already). For finding and using tag libraries, the editor expects they either be in Jar files visible on the project's Java Build Path, or that the WEB-INF folder's parent folder is a parent folder of the JSP file and the tag library, or that you've formally defined the deployment layout using the .settings/org.eclipse.wst.common.component file and have the ModuleCoreNature on the project.

--
---
Nitin Dahyabhai

Back to the top