From: JustJoc <joconnor@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 06/29/2009 07:28 AM
Subject: [wtp-dev] Content assist behaving oddly for JSPs
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

I recently upgraded to Eclipse Galileo, and am now having trouble with
content-assist in JSP pages in my existing projects.
The projects have been re-created doing a fetch from source control that
doesn't hold any of the .????? files to ensure there is no conflict there (I
dont know if this would be - never had to worry about it before).

In general tho, on any existing JSP files content assist doesn't work, I
just get a beep and nothing happens. On any newly created JSP's it works
perfectly.

Now for the bizarre twist - If I resave an existing JSP with a new name
(just a simple save as and appending a 2 to the name), the content assist
starts working in the old one.

Although its a workaround for now, its a highly frustrating one.

I have disabled the validation of JSP's as we have a number of JSP's in
JSP's and just get endless errors for them - but that doesnt explain the
save copy thing above?