Re: [wtp-dev] WTP psychopath xpath2 implementation

Mukul Gandhi wrote:
Hi Dave,

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 7:35 PM, David Carver <dcarver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Actually, hold off on doing that, as I'm looking at a different way to
handle these tests.  There are about 8000 of them, but some of the tests are
flagged incorrectly as being XPath 2 and some of them look like they'll take
some manual setup to run correctly.

It would be great, if you could please update me when you have
finalized the approach to this.
I just checked in some new code that shows the approach I'm taking. Basically there is an XSLT 1.0 file, createJUnit3Tests in the org.eclipse.wst.xml.xpath2.processor.tests plugin. This will eventually be used to generate a Class for each of the test-groups in the XQTSCatalog.xml file that are XPath 2.0 tests.

Another XSLT will be created to create the TestSuite to run all the Tests. I'll have a Ant build.xml file setup to allow regeneration of the test suite in case the W3C adds more tests to it. Currently there are about 8200 tests related to XPath 2.0.

PsychoPath currently passes maybe 2500 of these tests. So we have a ways to go to bring it into full compliance with the spec. Some of the tests are flagged wrong as being XPath 2.0 tests, when they really are XQuery tests, so this throws that number off a bit.
If you want to take a shot at setting up a new test suite the appropriate
information about the test suite can be found at:

http://www.w3.org/XML/Query/test-suite/

I'll try this. It may not be trivial, I guess. I'll let you know what
progress I make about this.

Actually I should have the basics done in the next couple of weeks, but feel free to add onto what I've started with the XSLTs. All my latest code is in Head, and patches are welcome.

Dave

Back to the top