[wtp-dev] Should we have an XPath component?

I'm wondering since the XSL Tools project is now in the incubator, if we need another component besides wst.xsl. I think we might need wst.xpath as well. The reason for this is that the XPath plugins can be used with out requiring XSL Tools. XSL Tools depends on functionality of the XPath components. There are possibilities for reuse of these plugins within other XML related projects, specifically the XQuery incubator could leverage some of the items.

Also, the wst.xml.xpath2.processor plugin, can be used standalone as an XPath 2.0 processor in it's own right. Separating this would also allow easier targeting of particular issues without having to prefix bugs with [xpath] in them to target the issues.

Dave

Back to the top