Re: [wtp-dev] utility facet

I imagine I hadn't noticed this because we fairly recently changed the JPA perspecitive to use the Project Explorer instead of the Package Explorer.  Seems Konstantin is right, that the two views should appear the same, I will enter a bug against the Project Explorer.

thanks,
Karen

Carl Anderson wrote:

Karen,

Yes, in the Java EE perspective, it is expected behavior for any Java EE module to display an EAR Libraries container. (Note that it does not show up in the Java perspective.) This has been true since WTP 2.0 was shipped in June, 2007, so it is not recent. The functionality added back then was quite a concept- before that, every jar had to be placed on all of the various classpaths of all of the modules within an EAR, and synchronization was a nightmare... now it is simply the following entry in the .classpath file:

<classpathentry kind="con" path="org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.internal.module.container"/>

FWIW,

- Carl Anderson
WTP programmer
Inactive hide details for Karen Moore <karen.moore@xxxxxxxxxx>Karen Moore <karen.moore@xxxxxxxxxx>

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

Re: [wtp-dev] utility facet

Yes, just tried it again with the candidate M6 build S-3.1M6-20090318020101.

Karen