Re: [wtp-dev] org.apache.axis 1.4.0 is now shipped as JAR?

Xiaoying,

Our timing here was incorrect. We wanted to be sure our code could handle the plugin jarred up, but Orbit S-build was already done. And we should follow Orbit, to guarantee consistency.

Keith, can you open bugs in Orbit for M7, to jar-up those bundles you've adjusted for. And announcement on cross-project would also be helpful to others. I think there was 4 total?

For M6, can you back out the changes required for jarred plugins? And put them back in once Orbit changes during M7.

Xiaoying, hopefully you do not _need_ them in folder form ... if so, you and BIRT team can comment in the Orbit bugs Keith will open.

Thanks,

Inactive hide details for "Xiaoying Gu" ---03/17/2009 05:39:18 AM---Hi"Xiaoying Gu" ---03/17/2009 05:39:18 AM---Hi

"Xiaoying Gu" <xgu@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Yong Jiang <yjiang@xxxxxxxxxxx>

03/17/2009 05:39 AM

[wtp-dev] org.apache.axis 1.4.0 is now shipped as JAR?

Sent by:

wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi

I found that in wtp-I-3.1-20090313175458.zip, org.apache.axis 1.4.0 is shipped as JAR format.
But in the map file of Orbit S build S20090307012903 http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/S20090307012903/
The axis is still folder format:
plugin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,1.4.0=GET,http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/S20090307012903/bundles/org.apache.axis_1.4.0.v200807230600.zip,unpack=true

Does that mean users environment might have two axis with the same contents, if he have installed wtp and BIRT at the same time? Since BIRT is now using the folder format.

Thanks,
Xiaoying