Re: [wtp-dev] How do you remove an installed plug-in

I think DTP features are part of what WTP is. Therefore removing them would mean your eclipse would no longer be the WTP enabled, therefore by default the uninstalling of such features are disabled. But as I know most plugins do not get activated until they are first called in to action. This is the Eclipse-LazyStart setting in eclipse plugins. Therefore eventhough the plugin is installed on your system the worst thing that it can affect you with is waste of few MB of disk space. The processor usage or the memory usage is not significant enough to worry if you are not using the plugin.

If you really want to remove the plugins permanently, I guess what you should do is just delete the feature files and the plugins from the feature and plugins folders in eclipse (make sure you are deleting the correct files).

Regards,
Saminda

Campbell, Lance wrote:

How do you remove an install plug-in?

I have the Data Tools Platform Enablement installed. I never use it. How can I get rid of it? I can see how to upgrade it.

Thanks,

Lance Campbell

Project Manager/Software Architect

Web Services at Public Affairs