Re: [wtp-dev] Eclipse web services

this is a good / simple Eclipse tutorial also..

http://www.builderau.com.au/program/java/soa/Setting-up-a-simple-Web-service-using-Java/0,339024620,339284524,00.htm

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 15:13, Mark Hutchinson <mahutch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Questions about the use of WTP are best posted on the newsgroup. This mailing list is for discussing development of WTP itself. Please follow up on the newsgroup if you have any more questions.
http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/thread.php?group=eclipse.webtools

That tutorial you are following is a bit out of date. There are updated tutorials here:
http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/community/new/new.php (look for the WS tutorials)

Your service is deployed on the tomcat server that you install. WTP is meant to help you develop and test your web service. When you are ready to deploy your service for use you can export your service as a war or ear file and deploy it on your server outside of eclipse.

Mark Hutchinson, IBM Toronto Lab
Software Developer, Rational Java Web Services Tools