[wtp-dev] Eclipse web services

Hi,

i followed this tutorial http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/initial-contribution/IBM/evalGuides/WebServicesToolsEval.html to build a web service in eclipse:

I have some doubts now, that i hope you could clarify:
  • Eclipse uses an internal tomcat server. Why do i need to install a new one? Where are the files of the web service i built if i wanted to deploy them to another web server?
  • Do i have to open Eclipse every time i need to access my web service via IE? I am having this need because Eclipse is the one that starts Tomcat? Can i start tomcat from the command line withou opening Eclipse? This leads again to the first question? Which is the tomcat being used: the internal one or the one I installed?
  • Is it possible to build web services with IIS in this platform?
Thanks in advance for the clarifications.
SP

Back to the top