[wtp-dev] JSDT facet gone missing in 3.0.4?

We are in the process of doing integration testing with WTP 3.0.4 release candidate build and have found something rather disturbing. It appears that the JSDT facet that was only partially implemented for 3.0, but was present in 3.0, 3.0.1, 3.0.2 and 3.0.3 has gone missing. This seems like a pretty drastic change to make in a service release. Was this intentional?

The current result is that the log file is flooded with messages about the missing JSDT facet (actually the message text is misleading, but the problem is indeed the missing facet). The problem is that a number of server tools plugins still reference it. There is also the question of impact on users who have already installed this facet. They will be left with errors in their project upon upgrading to 3.0.4 as their metadata will reference the missing facet.

I understand that the development on the JSDT facet hasn’t gone anywhere and perhaps it should be removed, but I wonder if this is too drastic of a step to take a service release. Maybe this facet should be restored in 3.0.4 (even if it doesn’t do anything useful) and this issue can be properly sorted out in 3.1?

- Konstantin

Oracle
Konstantin Komissarchik | Consulting Member of Technical Staff
Phone: +1 425 945 8445 | Mobile: +1 206 898 0611
Oracle Eclipse Tooling
411 108th Ave NE, Suite 800 | Bellevue, WA 98004

Back to the top