From: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Elson Yuen
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 6:43 AM
To: General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues.
Cc: 'General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues.'; wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [wtp-dev] Usability comment regarding server tools

Konstantin,

It sounds like your code is using the old publishTask framework which controls the publish task during a run on server. The mandatory tasks will show on the run on server wizard. You can consider to move to the new publisher framework which was introduced via bug135669. The extension point is called org.eclipse.wst.server.core.publishers.

The new publisher allows the user to control the publishers from the server editor. It will not show the task list as part of run on server.

Regards,
Elson

Elson Yuen, P.Eng.
Team Lead, RAD and WebSphere Server Tools
IBM Toronto Lab
Tel: (905) 413-2689, T/L: 313-2689

Inactive hide details for "Konstantin Komissarchik" <konstantin.komissarchik@xxxxxxxxxx>"Konstantin Komissarchik" <konstantin.komissarchik@xxxxxxxxxx>

"Konstantin Komissarchik" <konstantin.komissarchik@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/22/2009 10:13 PM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"'General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues.'" <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

[wtp-dev] Usability comment regarding server tools

Server Tools Team,

I wonder if I could get someone on the server tools team to take a look at this usability comment that we received at an Oracle forum. I remember discussing this issue a few years ago, but just cannot find the bug that we would have used to refresh my memory. Maybe someone's memory will be better than mine...

- Konstantin