Re: [wtp-dev] Action required for adopters of org.eclipse.wst.wsdl for WTP 3.1 M5

Amy Wu wrote:

Sure, people can go ahead and widen their ranges now to prevent build breakage. But I would advise soon after the wsdl changes are released (I'll notify the mailing list when this happens), the lower bound tightens up again. If by some fluke, someone has only org.eclipse.wst.wsdl 1.2.0 & javax.wsdl 1.4.1, they may run into errors.
I don't necessarily see that as an issue, if the new version is still backwards compatible with the old version, and they are only using API's that existing in 1.2 and 1.4.1, those same APIs should exist in the new versions as well, otherwise it's a major version change. I would go as far to set the upper bound to 2.0 in both cases, but I'm more liberal that way.

Dave

Back to the top