Re: [wtp-dev] Pointing the web content or wen-inf to a different folder outside the web project

Hi,
Thanx Eric, this is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. It worked the way I wanted even though eclipse showed linked resources with an arrow at the side (which would have been better if it is not there). It was even better. I managed to link the individual services in the repo to the services that needs to be shown web content folder rather than the whole web content folder since the repo does not neccessarily have everything needed in the web content folder.

Thanx again,
Saminda

Eric D. Peters wrote:

Hi Saminda,

You should be able to accomplish this using "Linked Resources" - define the wsas repository location as a Linked Resource path variable (Preferences > General > Workspace > Linked Resources) . After creating the path variable you'd need to create JEE Content Directories (e.g. WebContent) as linked resources pointing to your repo path/folder that you defined. You should be able to do this programatically, the owner of Linked Resources preference might be able to provide more information.

Hope this helps.

Inactive hide details for Saminda Wijeratne <samindaw@xxxxxxxx>Saminda Wijeratne <samindaw@xxxxxxxx>

                        *Saminda Wijeratne <samindaw@xxxxxxxx>*
                        Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

                        12/03/2008 12:33 AM
                        Please respond to
                        "General discussion of project-wide or
                        architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

[wtp-dev] Pointing the web content or wen-inf to a different folder outside the web project

Hi,

Is it possible that we can point the folder which contains the web
service which we just created using the dynamic web project to be
created at some other place while vitually it is shown inside the
WebContent->web-inf folder? Can this be done programatically. I have a
wsas server which can point only to one repository location. Thus if we
create a webservice to use wsas as the runtime i need the physical
location of the published web service to be in the wsas repo path while
it is shown inside the web content folder also which would be just a
soft link type of thing to the wsas repo path. Is this possible?

Thank you.