Fw: [wtp-dev] IWAB0489E error with JBoss 4.2

Hi Sergey,

I tried the scenario you mentioned and ran into the same Axis deploy problem as you found.  This is what I see in the server console:

16:50:30,500 ERROR [MainDeployer] Could not initialise deployment: file:/D:/servers/jboss-4.2.3.GA/server/default/deploy/j42bEAR.ear
org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: No META-INF/application.xml found

However, this seems to be a general problem with publishing to a JBoss 4.2 server with dynamic Web module 5.0 (EAR version 5.0).  For example, if you just create a simple HTML file and select "Run on server", you would also see the same error about "application.xml not found in the EAR".  Since the application.xml file is supposed to be optional for EAR 5.0, it seems like the JBoss server code cannot handle this configuration.

This problem does not occur if you create a dynamic Web project with version 2.4 (Java version 1.4 or 5.0) targetting JBoss 4.2 (EAR version 1.4).

May be the J2EE team or JBoss server tooling team can comment on whether this is a known issue or not?

Regards,

Kathy Chan
Rational Java Web Services,
IBM Toronto Lab

kathy@xxxxxxxxxx
(905) 413-3022, tieline: 313-3022

----- Forwarded by Kathy Chan/Toronto/IBM on 09/03/2008 05:17 PM -----
"Sergey Doroshenko" <dorserg@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/30/2008 04:58 AM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."        <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] IWAB0489E error with JBoss 4.2

I've encountered a problem with "Bottom Up Javas bean Web Service" wizard.

My env is:
- Eclipse Ganymede (Eclipse Classic 3.4 + WTP 3.0 installed)
- JBoss 4.2.2
- JDK 5.0 (JBoss is configured to use this JDK in Preferences->Server->Runtime Environments)

Steps to reproduce:
1. Create "Dynamic Web Project" with project facet: Dynamic Web Module - 2.5, Java - 5.0.
2. Create simple com.example.HelloService class with "public String sayHello(String name)".
3. File->New->Other->Web Service.
   Web Service Type: Bottom Up
   Service Impl: com.example.HelloService
4. Put slider to "Test service". Configuration: Server - JBoss 4.2, Web Service Runtime - Apache Axis.
5. Publish, Monitor checkboxes is on. Click "Next".
6. Choose RCP/Encoded in "Style and use". Click "Next"

After this error screen is shown: "IWAB0489E Error when deploying Web service to Axis runtime
 axis-admin failed with  {
http://xml.apache.org/axis/}HTTP (404)/WSExample/services/AdminService"

I googled this issue and that's what I found:
1. Wizard will finish successfully if I will change JDK 5.0 to JDK 1.4.
2. Wizard will finish successfully if I will use Tomcat 6.0 instead of JBoss 4.2.

But with JBoss 4.2 on Java 5.0 wizard fails with that Axis issue.
Has anybody faced with this problem?

--
Best regards,
Sergey