[wtp-dev] New and Noteworthy in M1

Hi,
From checking Bugzilla, It turns out that we'll actually have a few new features in M1 (no doubt results from adhering to the 3.0 feature freeze).  I've added the usual templates to the web site repository and you can preview the results at http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/development/news/3.1M1/.  As usual, if a project doesn't have anything written up on the morning of M1's availability, I'll just comment out the link to it from the overview page.

I'd like to recommend that for this release we make an effort to take our screenshots on Microsoft Windows XP using the default blue theme.  The improved consistency in our screenshots will give the results a little extra polish.  I may edit the feature descriptions for similar reasons.

The attached team project set includes just the one folder if you want to quickly get started from within Eclipse.  To set yourself up to edit your subproject's contents manually, connect to the web site repository at :extssh:dev.eclipse.org:/cvsroot/org.eclipse and either check out the entire contents of the /www/webtools folder or just /www/webtools/development/news/3.1M1 if you just want to work on this milestone's files.  You will not be able to check out the entire contents of the top-level /www folder due to file permissions on the server.
Don't forget that API changes should be broadcast in the
http://wiki.eclipse.org/WTP_Weekly_What%27s_Cooking.  I'm guessing we'll see a "New Help for Old Friends IV" for migration information soon enough.

Thanks in advance for giving this your attention and, as always, let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Regards,
---

Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse WTP Source Editing