RE: [wtp-dev] Plans for moving WPT 3.1 build to be using platform 3.5 i-builds?

The JDT version change to 3.5.0 will at least temporarily stop the JSP component from building, although there haven't been any breaking code changes as of yet.  We defined a narrow range in 3.0 due to the use of internals.  Also, we'd need to adopt a build newer that 0724 because of bug 241248.

Regards,
---
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse WTP Source Editing
IBM Rational

"Konstantin Komissarchik" <konstantin.komissarchik@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/30/2008 08:09 PM

Please respond to
"konstantin.komissarchik@xxxxxxxxxx"        <konstantin.komissarchik@xxxxxxxxxx>; Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."        <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [wtp-dev] Plans for moving WPT 3.1 build to be using        platform        3.5        i-builds?

The fixes that I want to test with are runtime-only so assuming there are no version range issues I can of course put together a custom configuration for testing. I do not know whether or not there are any current version range incompatibilities.

Regarding the platform fixes, the most important one is a fix in SWT's handling of read-only text fields on Linux. Supposedly, they should now correctly inherit container's background color, so we should be able to remove our workarounds.

Let's talk more at the status meeting.

Oracle
Konstantin Komissarchik | Consulting Member of Technical Staff
Phone: +1 425 201 1795 | Mobile: +1 206 898 0611

Oracle
Eclipse Tooling
411 108th Ave NE, Suite 2100 | Bellevue, WA 98004