[wtp-dev] how is context reload triggered by WTP?

Hi

I have Eclipse, WTP and I've configured a server. Tomcat 6. I have
enabled automatic publishing (actually all the settings are default).
I change a servlet and a context reload will happen.

Jul 17, 2008 5:27:45 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext reload
INFO: Reloading this Context has started

I've searched the WTP sources as what exactly triggers the reload. I
have not found it. A find -mmin 1 in the catalina base shows that a
public/publish0.dat, conf/server.xml and my servlets have been copied.
So the reload is not tiggered by touching the web.xml but
programmatically somwhere. Could somebody tell me where does the
tirggering take place?

Why am I interested? There have been couple of posts about wanting to
disable the context reload but still copy the assets of the project
and I'm looking into how to implement this.
http://www.jroller.com/mert/entry/hot_code_swap_with_javarebel
http://www.jroller.com/robwilliams/entry/javarebel_not_so_fast#comments

Toomas

Back to the top