[wtp-dev] WTP and classpath entries of type library

Hi,

	Firstly my apologies if this is the wrong forum for this post.

I am writing an eclipse plugin which compiles a language source into java
byte code.

I have a working eclipse builder which generates it's output into a java
project adding it to the classpath of that project and marking it as
exported. I use:

	JavaCore.newLibraryEntry(
		path, // binary output path
		null, // no java source
		null, // no java source
		true // exported
	);

To add the entry resulting in .classpath file content like this:

	<classpathentry exported="true" kind="lib" path="cb_bin"/>

This behaves as expected within simple Java projects. If my builder entry
occurs before the Java one, then my source is compiled into .class files and
is immediately resolvable by other java classes. Both within that project
and, because of the exported=true, to other Java projects which depend on
it.

So everything is great for straight Java projects!

But my problem is when adding a dependency on my project to a Dynamic web
application.

It would appear that when producing the WEB-INF\lib\project.jar for the WAR
file only entries like:

	<classpathentry kind="output" path="bin"/>

And

	<classpathentry kind="src" output="bin1" path="src1"/>

Are used to provide jar content.

My classes are ignored.

Is there anything simple I can do to force my classes to be included in the
jar, or is this a WTP issue?

Any assistance gratefully received.

Ian Carr

Checked by AVG.