[wtp-dev] WebSphere 6.1 Support

Hello,

   My company is trying to determine what, if any, timeline there is to create WTP support for WebSphere 6.1. The root problem is a need to call an EJB deployed to a remote WebSphere 6.1 instance from within a workspace.

Pretty much all of the required remoting “.class” files are missing (CreateException being the one that throws the ClassNotFoundException).

The only requirement I have at this time is the ability to define a WebSphere 6.1 library suite. The WTP tools already support WebSphere 6.0 in this manner, but not 6.1.

I’ve googled for several days and found nothing, so I was hoping someone could either point me to the WTP Road Map (which I can’t seem to locate), or provide me with a timeline of when it is expected to be completed.

(Before anyone asks, WASCE doesn’t accomplish all of the requirements either. It is missing the WsnInitialContextFactory class).

Thanks for your time and help everyone.

-Bryan Stopp

Senior Software Developer

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL
This email transmission contains privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If the reader of the email is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination or copying of this email transmission is strictly prohibited by the sender.  If you have received this transmission in error, please delete the email and immediately notify the sender via the email return address or mailto:postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.  Thank you.

Back to the top