[wtp-dev] WTP integration in the IAM project proposal

Hello guys,

We at the
IAM (Integration for Apache Maven)  project proposal have developed some
working integration with WTP for web projects.

As you know, maven proposes a model where the project descriptor has all the
information for building, packaging, etc... Our initial integration effort
will focus on applying the configuration described on this file to  the
Eclipse/WTP environment.

Current WTP support has been developed for WTP 2.0 on top of the facet
framework and utility classes like UpdateClasspathAttributeUtil.

Implementation is quite simple and
available for browsing the project's svn : http://tinyurl.com/6he4sr.

When testing against the 3.0 milestones, we've noticed some API changes that
break our current implementation (most notably, method signature changes on
UpdateClasspathAttributeUtil.createDependencyAttribute()) :

I would like open a communication channel between IAM and WTP to enhance
current integration.

Our first round of questions:
  - Would it be possible to keep UpdateClasspathAttributeUtil backwards
compatible? (i.e. a version with a a single parameter calling the new
version with a default value for "isClassFolder", probably using "false")
  - What are the best places to start looking to automate Java EE project
configuration? (i.e. configuring facets)
  - Is there support for automatic deployment of projects referenced through
a Classpath Container? For example, for webapps, have the compiled classes
of dependent projects deployed under WEB-INF/classes. Pointers to extension
points or "hooks" on the deployment process would also be useful.

IAM Newsgroup:
Q4E is the initial code contribution for IAM: http://code.google.com/p/q4e/

Abel MuiÃo.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/amuino Abel Muiño Vizcaino  -
http://ramblingabout.wordpress.com http://ramblingabout.wordpress.com
Sent from the Eclipse WTP - general mailing list archive at Nabble.com.