Re: [wtp-dev] Soliciting opinions on associating JavaScript content type with ActionScript

This reminds me of a question I have concerning the new JSDT functionality.

We are currently using the old _javascript_ editor which was internal... This is something we did knowingly.  We have a fairly hacked up version we are using because we needed in particular to control the available objects for content assist.  With JSDT, that should no longer be necessary, but we have a "legacy" file extension for our script that I'd like to be able to register.  Unfortunately, the JS editor (CompilationUnitEditor) is in an internal package as well.

Is there a way to hook up our file extension to the new editor without referring to internal packages in the plugin manifest?

Thanks,
Craig