From: "Mark Walker" <mwwalker@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 02/28/2008 04:30 AM
Subject: RE: [wtp-dev] Re: Java EE server adapter questions

As a fellow WTP extender/investigator I found the same issue. There is
no tutorial on anything other than the basic generic server material
found at the website and in the WTP book.

The only reference for a non-generic server is the tomcat server adaptor
source code.

As for the difference in capabilities the simple answer is that a
generic server behaves as described elsewhere, whereas with a custom
server you can do "anything you want". That is, using a custom server
adapter you can put any Java code you want.

Hope this helps, I held of from answering before because I thought
someone (from the WTP team) would have replied. I imagine they're
getting ready for eclipseCon next month, which incidentally is an ideal
place to grab them and ask these questions.

Ciao,

Mark Walker.
Technical Architect for Tools Avaya UK.