[wtp-dev] It's time again for that old New and Noteworthy

Hello all,
As was announced in Thursday's status meeting, the M5 New and Noteworthy [1] pages are ready and waiting to be filled in by committers and component leads. As usual, they're located in our web site repository [2] at :extssh:dev.eclipse.org:/cvsroot/org.eclipse under the /www/webtools/development/news/3.0M5 folder, so you won't have to check out the entire site if you don't want to. Just a few reminders about the content:

* Focus on end-user visible features. Announcing new APIs and changes to subsystems are perfect uses for our "New Help for Old Friends III"[3] wiki page and weekly What's Cooking[4] newsletter. Helen's been doing a terrific job of putting them out regularly. * Keep the image resolutions down. Some of us no doubt have machines and screens with absurdly high resolutions (myself included), but let's remember that many of our users don't. The Eclipse platform N&N aggressively limits their images to 600px wide--let's try and keep ours under 800. Some judicious cropping is all it takes. * Please don't use .jpg for your screenshots. It always introduces noise into the picture and won't save much space compared to the same image as a .png. Gnome saves its screenshots to .png by default and under Windows XP can tap Print Screen, paste the result into mspaint.exe, crop it, and save directly to a .png.

We've been doing a good job of it in this release--let's keep it up. Remember that although we're declaring the milestone sometime on Monday the 18th, the content should be there by that morning, if not earlier. As soon as the announcement goes out people will be checking out these pages, so let''s not disappoint. If you need any help at all, just let me know.

And thank you.

1)  http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/development/news/3.0M5/main.php
2) Repository: :extssh:dev.eclipse.org:/cvsroot/org.eclipse Folder: /www/webtools/development/news/3.0M5
3)  http://wiki.eclipse.org/WTP_Weekly_What%27s_Cooking
4)  http://wiki.eclipse.org/New_Help_for_Old_Friends_III

--
---