[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[wtp-dev] It's time again for that old New and Noteworthy
- From: Nitin Dahyabhai <nitind@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 02:39:24 -0500
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- User-agent: Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 (Windows/20071031)
As was announced in Thursday's status meeting, the M5 New and
Noteworthy  pages are ready and waiting to be filled in by
committers and component leads. As usual, they're located in our
web site repository  at
:extssh:dev.eclipse.org:/cvsroot/org.eclipse under the
/www/webtools/development/news/3.0M5 folder, so you won't have to
check out the entire site if you don't want to. Just a few
reminders about the content:
* Focus on end-user visible features. Announcing new APIs and
changes to subsystems are perfect uses for our "New Help for Old
Friends III" wiki page and weekly What's Cooking newsletter.
Helen's been doing a terrific job of putting them out regularly.
* Keep the image resolutions down. Some of us no doubt have
machines and screens with absurdly high resolutions (myself
included), but let's remember that many of our users don't. The
Eclipse platform N&N aggressively limits their images to 600px
wide--let's try and keep ours under 800. Some judicious cropping is
all it takes.
* Please don't use .jpg for your screenshots. It always introduces
noise into the picture and won't save much space compared to the
same image as a .png. Gnome saves its screenshots to .png by
default and under Windows XP can tap Print Screen, paste the result
into mspaint.exe, crop it, and save directly to a .png.
We've been doing a good job of it in this release--let's keep it up.
Remember that although we're declaring the milestone sometime on
Monday the 18th, the content should be there by that morning, if not
earlier. As soon as the announcement goes out people will be
checking out these pages, so let''s not disappoint. If you need any
help at all, just let me know.
And thank you.
2) Repository: :extssh:dev.eclipse.org:/cvsroot/org.eclipse
Eclipse WTP Source Editing