From: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Konstantin Komissarchik
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2008 9:41 PM
To: General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues.
Subject: RE: [wtp-dev] Next version after 3.0

I would have to second that. While in theory, version numbers are
meaningless, in practice they can send very specific messages. One of
the problems that I see with incrementing the first digit yearly is what
would happen if we actually wanted to do a WTP equivalent to "Eclipse
4.0". That is something that is significantly different from current
code base (large amount of new functionality and/or good amount of api
change).

- Konstantin

PS: I don't think it's very likely that we would do a mid-year
non-maintenance release. Most of team is busy on maintenance work for
prior version through late fall. There wouldn't be anything interesting
to put into a mid-year release.