[wtp-dev] Fw: Reminder that we are restructuring CVS Wednesday afternoon -- rescheduled for Friday afternoon at 1:00

Due to some last minute discoveries of build problems and needs to respin, we have to keep building now, hence will
reschedule the refactoring for Friday afternoon instead of today. Same rules apply ... and let's be sure 2.0.2 is finished EARLY on Thursday!

----- Forwarded by David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM on 11/14/2007 02:41 PM -----
David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM

11/13/2007 01:18 PM

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Reminder that we are restructuring CVS Wednesday afternoon

See http://wiki.eclipse.org/WTP_CVS_Restructuring
for details.

I'll start at 1:00 PM tomorrow, and will likely take about an hour, if not several. I'll post a "done" message when it's ready.

As previously mentioned, this will require developers to create new workspaces ... or, at least, to get new WTP projects checked out, replacing their old WTP projects.

So, be sure you have any "local" code saved away:
         if small ready for HEAD, just check it into HEAD
        if  large changes, not ready to be committed to head yet, you can create temporary branches with your changes, and they will still be moved.
        if you can't do either of the above, create patch files, which you can later apply back to your workspace.
        Remember, just exporting the java files, and re-importing them is not a good technique, as this will cause the connection to a files history to be lost, or reset.

You might also create Team Project Sets to capture your favorite projects, as these can be updated with new repository locations to be partially automatic.
(I have not created those SED scripts yet, but plan to later today).

I'm sure there will be a few hiccups along the way, so appreciate everyone's patience.