RE: [wtp-dev] Problem related to org.eclipse.runtime.compatibilityin M3 candidate build

Thanks for looking into this, Tim. This approach makes sense. I will open the two bugs and release the immediate M3 fix shortly.

- Konstantin

From: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tim deBoer
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2007 8:52 AM
To: wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [wtp-dev] Problem related to org.eclipse.runtime.compatibilityin M3 candidate build

Hi Konstantin,

I took a look, and the problem is that the wst.common.ui plugin has the following <require>:

  <import plugin="org.eclipse.core.runtime.compatibility" version="3.1.100" match="equivalent" />

Since the o.e.core.runtime.compatibility plugin has changed it's version to 3.2.0, this dependency breaks. The quickest solution is for us to either bump up the version to 3.2.0 or change the match to 'compatible'. As far as I can tell, org.eclipse.wst.common.ui.properties is the only WTP plugin that depends on this plugin, so none of our other features should have this problem.

I agree we should remove the dependency entirely, but that could be dangerous since we have to declare M3 by Wednesday. I would suggest opening up one critical bug to get the feature fixed this week, and a second to investigate removing the dependency from plugin and feature in M4.

Thanks,
Tim