[wtp-dev] Web Page Editor Property Page Sections Extension-point

For the WTP 3.0 release scheduled for next year, the JSF project will be revamping how the tabbed properties pages for the Web Page Editor are handled.  Part of this work will be to move off of the deprecated "org.eclipse.wst.common.ui.properties.property*" APIs, and move to the platform APIs introduced last year.

The contribution we received from Sybase included it's own internal.provisional extension-point called "org.eclipse.jst.pagedesigner.propertySections" that is very similar to the "org.eclipse.wst.common.ui.properties.propertySections" extension-point.   This has not been officially deprecated yet.

The purpose for this email is to try get a sense of who out there may be using this particular Sybase extension-point.   With the limited resources we have available, we would like to see if there are any objections to directly moving to using the platform extension-points, and do away with this extension-point all together.  Is anyone using the "org.eclipse.jst.pagedesigner.propertySections" extension-point?

Gerry Kessler
WTP JSF Tools Project

Back to the top