From: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Nitin Dahyabhai
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2007 1:09 PM
To: wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [wtp-dev] The Big Picture

No, the source editors' dependency on modulecore is very small.  Any
runtime dependencies on modulecore and facets in 2.0 should become an
optional dependency in 3.0, possibly very soon.  There's no reliance on
the related artifacts already.

Also, isn't visualization of a graph such as this is exactly what the
Zest project does?  There's a wiki page at
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Mylyn_Zest_Visualization showing a viewer that
lays out a graph based on a content provider, plus rooting around the
sources shows that it should support different connection styles.
There's a proposal (bug 164387) to move it from Mylyn's sandbox into
some part of the GEF project, which would make it even easier for us to
use (assuming it ever leaves the inbox).

---
Nitin Dahyabhai
Structured Source Editing