Re: [wtp-dev] WTP 2.0.1 and 3.0 plans this week plus project focus item

Project Leads,

Just wanted to remind you  to triage some of our old major bugs as well

Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs opened before January 1st, 2007 (Last week - 156; Currently ~ 134)

Remember, your options are
1) target to fix in 3.0 if you think can be contained
2) change to 'normal' priority (or enhancement, etc) if you sincerely believe it is not a bug that causes "missing function"

In all cases, of course, be polite and request more information, and invite to re-open if originator has more information, etc.

By this Thursday's status, I'd like to get this focus item behind us and move on to the next ... old bugs with attachments.
By this Thursday, we should have an accurate list of "long standing major bugs that can not be contained in 3.0 release".

Thanks,

John Lanuti/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/04/2007 11:51 AM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."        <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] WTP 2.0.1 and 3.0 plans this week

WTP 1.5.5 is done.  Hooray.  :-) Too bad we still have two other streams....  :-(

WTP 2.0.1

WTP 2.0.1 RC1 will be declared this Friday.  Recall there is no PMC approval process for RC1, but PMC reviews will start after we declare RC1.  Any bug fix in RC2 will require 1 PMC vote for approval.

WTP 3.0

We will also declare our first WTP 3.0 M2 I build this week.  There are currently 2 JUnit failures in JavaEE.  Please investigate.

Thanks,

John Lanuti
IBM Web Tools Platform Technical Lead, IBM Rational
IBM Software Lab - Research Triangle Park, NC
jlanuti@xxxxxxxxxx
t/l 441-7861