Re: [wtp-dev] Facet's not asking runtime/server about libraries - intentional or error ?

The type of "alert" not being given by the JSF and JPA facets are usually called by a line similar to the one below:
   ClasspathHelper.addClasspathEntries(project, fv));

The line above alerts the runtime of the facet version's new inclusion and is borrowed from the WebFacetInstallDelegate.

I echo Max's query. Why don't the other facets such as JSF / JPA do the same?

Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
Hi,

I noticed today that when enabling JSF or JPA on projects neither of them consults the server/runtime about which jars that are relevant for it.

dynamic web and the java facet does....why not jpa and jsf ?

some runtimes could return an optimized set of jars if this were done instead of just returning *everything* ....

I'm i missing something obvious ?

what about JPA projects that won't be dynamic web apps ?

/max