Re: [wtp-dev] Question on wording on the "Eclipse IDE for Java IDEDevelopers" page

Fixed.

Wayne

Lawrence E Dunnell wrote:

Konstantin,

Sorry for the confusion.  I was looking at the  "Eclipse IDE for Java Developers" page per the email subject line.  You are correct.  It does no make sense to include DTP on the  "Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers" page.

Larry Dunnell
RAD Data Tools, DB2 Tooling,  Eclipse WTP Project and Eclipse DTP Project
IBM DB2 Information Management Software

"Konstantin Komissarchik" <kosta@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/29/2007 10:32 AM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."        <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: [wtp-dev] Question on wording on the "Eclipse IDE for Java        IDEDevelopers" page

In this particular context, it's talking about tools that can be installed on top of "Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers" to extend it's functionality. Since DTP is already part of that distribution, that doesn't make much sense.

BTW, is there a bugzilla component that bugs agains the main download page should be filed against? I found a couple more problems that should be addressed, but don't want to keep spamming everyone.

- Konstantin

General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues.
RE: [wtp-dev] Question on wording on the "Eclipse IDE for Java IDEDevelopers" page

DTP is a prerequisite of WTP.  However, DTP could also be installed by itself without WTP.  I think that is why it is listed separately.

Larry Dunnell
RAD Data Tools, DB2 Tooling,  Eclipse WTP Project and Eclipse DTP Project
IBM DB2 Information Management Software

"Konstantin Komissarchik" <kosta@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/29/2007 10:08 AM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."        <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: [wtp-dev] Question on wording on the "Eclipse IDE for Java IDE        Developers" page

Thanks for the quick update.

Another question... The same page lists "Data Tools (DTP)" under "Addition features can be installed from the Europa Update Site..." heading. I thought that data tools were part of this distribution. If I look at the distribution, it contains org.eclipse.datatools plugins. Could someone comment whether this is a page error or there is something else going on?

- Konstantin

General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues.
Re: [wtp-dev] Question on wording on the "Eclipse IDE for Java IDE Developers" page

I've updated the page.

Thanks,

Wayne

Konstantin Komissarchik wrote:

http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/moreinfo/jee.php

"
You will need a Java Runtime Environment (JRE) to run Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers. A Java 5 JRE is recommended."

That's not correct, right? A Java 5 JRE is required. There have been quite a few people on the newsgroup who have been trying to run 2.0 with 1.4 JRE. We should probably clarify the wording...

- Konstantin

  Konstantin Komissarchik
Staff Software Engineer
Phone: 206.296.2962
IM: kosta0120 on Yahoo

kosta@xxxxxxx
BEA Systems, Inc.
999 North Northlake Way
Seattle, WA 98103

www.bea.com
  Barring that natural _expression_ of villainy which we all have, the man looked honest enough.

                                                   Mark Twain

Notice: This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information of BEA Systems, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, that may be confidential, proprietary, copyrighted and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.