RE: [wtp-dev] Jetty adaptor

Hi Jan,

I am not from the WTP Server component, but I can give you a quick rough
answer.

There are generally two possibilities to place the source code of the Jetty
adapter:
1) If you develop it under the EPL license, I suggest that it can be
included in the WTP cvs repository and be distributed with the WTP releases.
There are already examples of this with the Tomcat, JBoss, etc. servers.
2) You can develop it somewhere else (e.g. Jetty source repo) under
arbitrary license and place the server adapter as a feature on an update
site hosted somewhere (Jetty web site). In this case you only have to
contribute the URL to the update site to WTP. There is a tool in WTP that
will find the Jetty adapter automatically.

There is a very nice presentation about building server adapters. It was
part of a tutorial on EclipseCon 2007:
http://www.eclipsecon.org/2007/index.php?page=sub/&id=3581

You have to download the archive:
http://eclipsezilla.eclipsecon.org/php/attachment.php?bugid=3581
and have a look a presentation No. 8.

Another source can be the new Eclipse WTP book:
http://www.eclipsewtp.org/#toc

There is chapter for adding new server adapter.

Greetings,
Kaloyan