[wtp-dev] Some interesting Europa Install Sizes

Remember to be testing Europa Discover Site .. it has what will be the final release, except as people ask for respins.

Here's just some interesting numbers, that show how we've achieved better componentization that could have
big practical implications for the way some users what to use our components.

These numbers are based on Window's reported "size" (not size on disk, which would be slightly higher).
Megs Installed Components
45 Eclipse Platform
58 XML (and XSD, DTD) includes +5 meg of prereqs (part of EMF, GEF)
70 WST (non-Java Web Development), no new preq-reqs
116 JST, includes 19 Megs of prereqs: JDT + more EMF
128 JPT, includes 10 Megs of prereqs (Datatools and EMF SDO)
473 All of Europa

Back to the top