Re: [wtp-dev] Web Services node in the Project Explorer

Hi - not sure if I missed some of the discussion here - but I agree we should have a programatic way to disable this node if desired.

The change was done after realizing a severe startup performance issue populating this node  (scans the entire workspace regardless of size).
Although this was done on a background thread, if still slowed overall statup performance, and was deemed severe enough to change the behavior
to laziliy search for webservices after users expand the tree node.  We needed to make this node visible to do this.

- Chuck

Rational Java Enterprise Tooling Team Lead
IBM Software Lab - Research Triangle Park, NC
Email:  cbridgha@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 919-254-1848 (T/L: 444)

"Raev, Kaloyan" <kaloyan.raev@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/07/2007 03:27 AM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."        <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] Web Services node in the Project Explorer

Hello,

In the last I-build, I have noticed new node in the Project Explorer - "JSR-109 Web Services".
I know that users can hide it from the Customized View dialog and I suggest that adopters can do this by default.
But I am wondering what is the purpose of this node and isn't it some kind of reviving of look and feel from WTP 1.0?

Greetings,
Kaloyan Raev

Senior Developer

NW AS JS TOOLS JEE (BG)