From: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Arthorne
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2007 8:58 AM
To: General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues.
Subject: Re: [wtp-dev] Convention for "internal" packages

You may want to announce your API changes more widely to members of the Europa release train.  Projects could reasonably assume that since the Europa API freeze (M6) has passed that the WTP APIs will be stable. Here's a link to the Europa schedule:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Europa_Simultaneous_Release#Milestones_and_Release_Candidates

John

"Ian Trimble" <ian.trimble@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/04/2007 12:51 PM

Please respond to
"ian.trimble@xxxxxxxxxx" <ian.trimble@xxxxxxxxxx>; Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."        <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

[wtp-dev] Convention for "internal" packages

We're cleaning up our package names and declaring API in the JSF Tools Project. We will be refactoring to remove "internal.provisional" from our package names. Also, we have inherited some code that currently does not include "internal" in the package name but we do not consider it API. Is it enough to manipulate the bundle manifest to mark as "x-internal" for these non-API packages, or should we also be injecting "internal" into non-API package names? What is the convention?

Thanks,
 - Ian (JSF Tools Project)

Ian Trimble
JDeveloper Group
Oracle Corporation Canada Inc.
Office: (250) 954-0837
Email: ian.trimble@xxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.oracle.com
This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender and delete all copies.