RE: [wtp-dev] Problem installing Geronimo runtime

FYI... I was experimenting with downloadable adapters in 2.0 M6 just yesterday and was able to download/use the Geronimo adapter without any problems.

- Konstantin

From: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Timothy Deboer
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 6:37 AM
To: General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues.
Cc: Sachin P Patel
Subject: Re: [wtp-dev] Problem installing Geronimo runtime

Hi,

There is no WTP 1.6 - are you using 1.5 or maybe 2.0 M6? (hopefully the later along with prereqs if you are using Eclipse 3.3)

The Geronimo server adapter is built by the Apache Geronimo team, not WTP, and the download mechanism you used is able to pull and install this adapter directly from the Apache Geronimo update manager site. It is possible that there is a problem in WTP, but since the plugin appears to have downloaded and installed successfully the first place to investigate is the server adapter. Bugs for this adapter are normally handled via apache.org.

Sachin - Can you try this out or point Stefan at where to open a bug?

Thanks,
Tim deBoer
deboer@xxxxxxxxxx

wirecutter <wirecutter@xxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/10/2007 07:55 AM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."        <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] Problem installing Geronimo runtime

Hello,

I'm trying to use eclipse 3.3 (M5eh and M6), WTP 1.6.0 with Windows XP
and Java 1.6.01.

For an EAR application I tried to install the plugin for the Apache
Geronimo J2EE server.
My way:
Window -> Preferences -> Server -> Installed Runtimes -> Add -> Download
additional server adapters
Then the Geronimo plugin 1.0.0 is shown. And the install process seems
to work. After finishing the program prompts for reboot.
But after restart, I can't see the entry for Geronimo server when I try
to add a new runtime.
But when I open
Help -> Software updates -> Manage configuration
I can see that the plugin is installed and no error is shown.

I hope I'm right here in this list. Or somebody can give me an advice
where to ask.

Thanks in advance

Stefan