[wtp-dev] HTTP Server support and Preview server in M6

In WTP 2.0 M6 the server team has completed several new enhancements. I want to highlight two of these in particular:

  * HTTP server support, the ability to publish static web modules to servers like Apache.
  * A preview server, which allows you to test static and dynamic (*) web modules right 'out of the WTP box' without downloading or installing an external server.

Since these features came late in 2.0, we can really use the help of the community to ensure they are stable. If you plan to use one of these features, please pick up M6 once it is declared and help us out with bug reports, fixes, usability feedback, or creating additional JUnits.

(*) The serving of dynamic web modules by the new preview server is currently broken. If there are any Jetty experts out there, please take a look at bug 181081. :)

http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/development/news/2.0M6/server.php

Thanks,
Tim deBoer
RAD Release Architect and WebSphere Tools - IBM Canada Ltd.
(905) 413-3503  (tieline 969)
deboer@xxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top