[wtp-dev] M6 rampdown

Where did M6 go???  If you haven't asked yourself this question yet, you may be in for an abrupt awakening.

This is just a friendly reminder to all component teams to adjust their expectations for M6 and 2.0.  There are two weeks left in M6, and the last week will be devoted to testing and critical bug fixes, meaning there is really only one more week of M6 development.  Meaning further, all new function must be complete by end of next week.  We are starting component lead approval for any changes on Monday, and from the looks of things now, component leads are going to be awfully busy next week.  :-)  We still have 96 defects targetted for M6, 41 of which are enhancements.  That's a lot of new function for one week.  My guess is it is time to readjust the goals and tune our milestone plans.  We also still have 16 additional enhancements targetted for the 2.0 release.  Now, special exemptions may be made for JPA, but the rest of you should start evaluating which are the highest priority line items which need to get into 2.0 and start deferring the rest.

Keep in mind, the last week of the milestone you will also need to ensure your component has new test scenarios for new function, as well as a new and noteworthy documen detailing the enhancements.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/report.cgi?x_axis_field=bug_severity&y_axis_field=component&z_axis_field=&query_format=report-table&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&classification=WebTools&target_milestone=2.0+M6&target_milestone=1.0+M6&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&status_whiteboard=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailtype2=substring&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&format=table&action="">

We will discuss this further in the development meeting tommorrow.

Thanks,

John Lanuti
IBM Web Tools Platform Technical Lead, IBM Rational
IBM Software Lab - Research Triangle Park, NC
jlanuti@xxxxxxxxxx
t/l 441-7861

Back to the top