[wtp-dev] Hotdeployment on Tomcat restarts Server

Hi Guys

Following problem:
When my WebProject is changed(JSP pages or java classes), those changes should automatically be deployed to Tomcat. Therefore, Tomcat has to be started in DEBUG mode.

If I change a JSP page, it is hot deployed to Tomcat and gets replaced. I refresh the page in my Browser and I see the changes.

Now I change a Java class. It is getting hot deployed to Tomcat as well. But after some delay, Tomcat restarts.
In the meantime(I mean, between the class is deployed and tomcat restarts) I can refresh my page and I see the changed System.out.println on the tomcat console. But then Tomcat restarts.

That's not a way how I can work with.
Do you know how to tell Tomcat not to restart?

Thanks,
Remo

Regards,

Remo Liechti
Application Developer
Swisslog Warehouse and Distribution Solutions

Direct: +41 (0)62 837 4345
Mobile: +41 (0)76 329 8660
CH Fax: +41 (0)62 837 4197
Internet: www.swisslog.com
About Swisslog
Swisslog is a global provider of logistic solutions for warehouses, distribution centers and hospitals. Swisslog's solutions increase their customers' flexibility, responsiveness, and quality of service, while minimizing logistics costs.

This message may contain legally privileged or confidential information and is therefore addressed to the named persons only. The recipient should inform the sender and delete this message, if he/she is not named as addressee.
The sender disclaims any and all liability for the integrity and punctuality of this message. The sender has activated an automatic virus scanning, but does not guarantee the virus free transmission of this message.

Back to the top