RE: [wtp-dev] Incrementing plugin version for facet.core and facet.uiplugins

Ok. So except for Tim deBoer, I haven’t heard from any other plugin owner regarding their preferred way of handling this change, so I went ahead and updated the following plugins as discussed in this e-mail thread and last week’s status call.

org.eclipse.jst.common.frameworks

org.eclipse.jst.common.project.facet.core

org.eclipse.jst.ejb.ui

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.ejb

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.ejb.annotations.ui

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.ejb.annotations.xdoclet

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.jca

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.jca.ui

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.navigator.ui

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.ui

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.web

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.webservice

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.webservice.ui

org.eclipse.jst.jsp.ui

org.eclipse.jst.servlet.ui

org.eclipse.jst.ws

org.eclipse.jst.ws.consumption

org.eclipse.jst.ws.consumption.ui

org.eclipse.jst.ws.creation.ui

org.eclipse.wst.common.emfworkbench.integration

org.eclipse.wst.common.modulecore

org.eclipse.wst.css.ui

org.eclipse.wst.html.ui

org.eclipse.wst._javascript_.ui

org.eclipse.wst.validation

org.eclipse.wst.web

org.eclipse.wst.web.ui

Thanks,

- Konstantin

I need to increment the version of org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core and facet.ui plugins soon from 1.1.x to 1.2.0 to correctly reflect the type of work happening in these plugins for the 2.0 release. Before that change can be made, the referring plugins need to have their version ranges adjusted. At this point, range [1.1.0,1.2.0) is used which fails to match the new version. This affects both references to the facet.core and facet.ui plugins. In the case of the facet.core plugin, the range should be set as [1.1.0,2.0.0) since that plugin does not export any internal api. The facet.ui plugin does export internal api, so references to it should use [1.1.0,1.3.0).

The following plugins are affected. Please let me know if you’d rather make this change to your plugins yourself. Otherwise, I will update these plugins in bulk in the next couple of days.

org.eclipse.jst.common.frameworks

org.eclipse.jst.common.project.facet.core

org.eclipse.jst.ejb.ui

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.ejb

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.ejb.annotations.ui

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.ejb.annotations.xdoclet

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.jca

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.jca.ui

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.navigator.ui

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.ui

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.web

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.webservice

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.webservice.ui

org.eclipse.jst.jsp.ui

org.eclipse.jst.server.core

org.eclipse.jst.server.generic.jboss

org.eclipse.jst.server.generic.jonas

org.eclipse.jst.server.generic.oc4j

org.eclipse.jst.server.generic.weblogic

org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.ui

org.eclipse.jst.server.ui

org.eclipse.jst.server.websphere.core

org.eclipse.jst.servlet.ui

org.eclipse.jst.ws

org.eclipse.jst.ws.consumption

org.eclipse.jst.ws.consumption.ui

org.eclipse.jst.ws.creation.ui

org.eclipse.wst.command.env

org.eclipse.wst.common.emfworkbench.integration

org.eclipse.wst.common.modulecore

org.eclipse.wst.css.ui

org.eclipse.wst.html.ui

org.eclipse.wst._javascript_.ui