[wtp-dev] Weekly WTP 1.5.3 M Build Declared -- M-1.5.3-200702021630

The weekly WTP 1.5.3 M Build is declared:

http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/downloads/drops/R1.5/M-1.5.3-200702021630/

I'll not call this a Release Candidate because a RC should be something you are comfortable with shipping.  Obviously, with plugin version problems and other major defects lingering, this is not the case.  Thanks to everyone for their diligence in cleaning up the PMC approved defects and the quick turnaround on most of the plugin versioning problems.  We should be able to arrive at a build very quickly which can live up to RC status.

So, for you parrotheads out there,  "come Monday, it'll be all right...come Monday..."  We should still be good to go to start testing and verifying defects on Monday.   We have put in a ton of really great fixes, so let's take this last week to ensure we don't have any regressions and we can ship a maintenance release we are all proud of.  I know test and defect verification ain't great, but a little really can go a long way in product stability.

Thanks everyone,

John Lanuti
IBM Web Tools Platform Technical Lead, IBM Rational
IBM Software Lab - Research Triangle Park, NC
jlanuti@xxxxxxxxxx
t/l 441-7861

Back to the top