[wtp-dev] Time for New & Noteworthy

It's (past) that time again, where we take a good look at our past milestone/release and pick out the most noteworthy of our end-user focused additions.  We didn't have N&N documents for milestones 1-3 since most of us were still working on 1.5 maintenance, so I'd suggest that we document those in M4 as well.  After all, I don't think we're going to recommend anyone use those milestones now that M4 is out.  Since the stylesheet method worked out reasonably well for the 1.5 release, I've created matching stubs for 2.0M4 in /webtools/development/news/2.0M4.  I'd prefer we keep all of the text and images in there because it's easier to manage.  I've also updated the "release-info" build target for the main build.xml file to include the 2.0M4 files.  As I'm already set up to build the site, if teams prefer to avoid checking out, rebuilding, and committing the files themselves, you can instead attach abstracts and images to bug 170265 and either Pieter or I will make sure they're put in.  I expect there will be a 2.0M5 bug opened as we near its testing phase.

And as a reminder, the web site repository now uses the /cvsroot/* path via  :extssh:login@dev.eclipse.org:/cvsroot/org.eclipse

---
Nitin Dahyabhai

Back to the top