Re: [wtp-dev] introduction - taking over some of lawerence mandel's responbilities

Welcome aboard Pieter and thanks for taking over my previous role.

Lawrence Mandel

Software Developer
IBM Rational Software
Phone: 905 - 413 - 3814   Fax: 905 - 413 - 4920
lmandel@xxxxxxxxxx

"Pieter Humphrey" <pieterh@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/09/2007 04:29 PM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."        <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Tim Wagner <twagner@xxxxxxx>, david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject
[wtp-dev] introduction - taking over some of lawerence mandel's        responbilities

Hello, my name is Pieter Humphrey, I work for BEA Systems in product
management / product maketing for BEA in the Workshop group.   I've been
working with Konstantin, Jess Garms, Ted Bashor, Tim Wanger, and other
WTP/BEA folks for some time now.  I'm in the process of joining the WTP PMC
as a community liason.

I've been the marketing contact for BEA to the Eclipse Foundation for over a
year now, working on EclipseCons and various other marketing activities,
articles, etc.

While I am not familiar with the WTP codebase from a developer’s standpoint,

WTP is not new to me and I've been working with it for some time now as a user.

http://dev2dev.bea.com/pub/a/2005/09/eclipse_web_tools_platform.html

If anyone has any news-related, marketing, or community questions, or needs
any help in those areas, please let me know.

My responsibilities will include:
- attending WTP PMC calls (Tuesday mornings)
- WTP Release activities (newsgroups/community sites placement, press
releases, corralling demos / docs / podcasts, participate on Thursday dev
status calls near major releases to solict new and noteworthys)
- Participating in WTP focused eclipsecon submissions (tutorials, call for
papers, etc.)
- Project sprints at eclipsecon, and in the future, making proposals for
tutorials or other WTP related session content
- Getting folks to blog about WTP
- Maintaining what's new  / news on
www.eclipse.org/webtools

As I start towards moving towards committership, I'll be able to accomplish
many of these tasks on my own.

I am subscribed to wtp-pmc and read wtp-dev as often as I can.

Looking forward to helping out,

Pieter Humphrey
Phone: 415.402.7252
Mobile: 510.541.3808

pieterh@xxxxxxx

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain
information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated
entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or
by email and then delete it.