Well ... darn close. We may want
to fix a license file issue that prevents update manager from installing
(if interested, see https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=169502)
But, it is ready for all components
to do a sanity check as the license file thing is very isolated, if we
do decide to fix it.
So, all component-development teams
please arrange to do two types of sanity checks .... 1) using zips, 2)
using update manager.
You can do your normal "smoke test"
twice (once for each type of install),
but I don't think we need a smoke test
page (unless John overrules me :)
as we can simply take a "vote"
at the Thursday 2:00 status meeting if there are any objections.
(but, if blocking problem found, no
need to wait till then to let us know!)
Assuming all is well by then, we'll
promote these bits to declared status, and update all the Europa sites/status.
For zip testing, please use the build
Thu, 4 Jan 2007 -- 01:46 (UTC)
with all the exact pre-reqs listed there (note, no JEM
required, as we are now including a patched version for our M4).
For the update site testing, you will, for now, need to
install the Eclipse Base, and all the pre-reqs first (from zips), and
with that as your starting IDE, define a new remote update
site with a URL of