[wtp-dev] M4 Builds ready for milestone testing...M4 Shutdown Plans Update

The WTP 2.0 M4 candidate build is smoked and ready for teams to start their milestone test passes.

http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/downloads/drops/R2.0/S-2.0M4-200612180440/

Actions for Components:

(1) Please update your M4 milestone test coverage plans at http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/WTP_Functional_Test_R20_M4

(2) Please update and  follow instructions on creating compatibility tests at http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/WTP_Compatibility_Tests

(3) Execute all milestone function tests and compatibilty tests on Tuesday Dec 19 and Wednesday Dec 20.

(4) Fix any critical or blocking bugs.

(5) Smoke test any final M4 candidate build respins for Friday Dec 22. Please publish a smoke test scenario link at http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/WTP_Smoke_Test_Scenarios_R20

We will plan on waiting to announce M4 until we get an "official" update of JEM on Jan 2 or 3.  Hopefully we will still be able to declare on Jan 4th.

Please note:  As we push to shutdown for M4, the only code changes which should be released for a build are those to fix a blocking or critical defect or to fix a regression.

Any questions, let myself or David know.

Thanks,

John Lanuti
IBM Web Tools Platform Technical Lead, IBM Rational
IBM Software Lab - Research Triangle Park, NC
jlanuti@xxxxxxxxxx
t/l 441-7861

Back to the top